September 23, 2014
Some designs are so uniquely pretty, they cause your imagination to stir, taking you to a time and place of tranquil beauty and gorgeous inspiration. These rich shades of blue — turquoise, navy, dusk and even white — reminded me of the vibrant swirling mixtures of colors found in the breaking waves of the ocean . . . And so, I was inspired, to design a post that captured the uniqueness of the beautiful and intricate fashions designed and inspired by the colors, creatures and life of the ocean.
It was easy, at first, to see how many of these delicate handmade dresses seemed inspired by the ocean. The ones above by Elle Saab were especially beautiful, they seemed to be directly inspired by sea coral. Each feminine gown — a medley of satin, organza and delicate beading — was designed using the most intricate details and textures. These dresses were made to float down runways — whether that be the catwalk of fashion week, an Oscar or Emmy red carpet, perhaps even the most important aisle – the wedding aisle, where true love awaits. Let your imagination carry you away. The couture beauty of each piece is truly a work of art, infused with all of the whimsy and romance of the sea.
This last dress, covered in stunning blue fringe, started it all — sashaying effortlessly, as if the ocean itself was floating down the catwalk — left me awestruck and inspired to write this post. I saw the ocean in it, I saw nature and art together . . . I saw truly breathtaking fashion.
September 16, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Faith
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all, or having everything happen at once. This was a week where everything happened at once. I have tried to stay so positive, “count your rainbows not your thunderstorms.” I have learned a lot, sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step. Never apologize for trusting your intuition. Your brain can play tricks, your heart can be blind, but your gut is always right. A persons actions will tell everything you need to know, you can not hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life. And finally . . . You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are too heavy to carry.
“Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
September 15, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Fashion
THIS UTTERLY ENCHANTING, truly romantic, ultra chic and fashion forward gown, is the perfect look to start transitioning our thoughts from summertime fashions to the beautifully darker hues and decadent fabrics that fall and winter will ultimately bring.
But for now, as sunshine falls soft and golden on everything around you, embrace the warmth and breathtaking moments that each day brings. . .
“Go outside, to the fields, enjoy nature and the sunshine, go out and try to recapture happiness … and think of all the beauty that’s still left in and around you and be happy!”
September 13, 2014
You select lipstick shades basically the same way you choose your outfit. After all, it’s your own personal sense of style.
But what do your lipstick shades really say about you? You’ll find that the personality traits associated with lipstick colors will closely resemble your own personal fashion sense. Below is a wealth of knowledge and knowledge is power. Remember this article when dressing for a specific occasion in which you wish to convey a certain feeling or emotion. Ahhh . . . the joy of makeup! Have fun! 🙂
Purple/Mauve Shades – The darker the shade the more regal the personality. Purple lipstick shades symbolize power, luxury and magic but also a little mystery. These colors are feminine and romantic, yet strong and confident. The lighter shades suggest a more restrained sophistication.
Orange/Peach Shades – Deeper orange shades represent fire, the sun, warmth and an individual who is just plain fun. Visually, the color orange is said to increase oxygen supply to the brain and to stimulate mental activity. As your shade transitions to a paler peach, you are perceived as cheerful and warm but more understated than the deeper orange lipstick shade. This balmy color also suggests your genuine warmth toward others.
Nude/Taupe Shades – These shades are the traditional colors of the earth. They suggest you are an orderly individual. You are viewed as warm, comfortable and wholesome. You also appear to others as genuine, natural and dependable. You are not overly outgoing and don’t get ruffled too easily. You generally look to find what is good in everything. Side note: very few people can pull off a straight nude and have it look stunning, true nudes wash out fair complexions, so choose one with just a hint of pink in it and you will get a beautiful nude look.
Red Shades – This almost needs no description because the word itself stirs hot, sexy, or passionate emotions. If you wear red lipstick, you are outgoing and confident, and you’re not easily intimidated. You go after what you want and are passionate in your moods…both good and bad.
Pink Shades – Beautiful pillowy pink lips represent a kind of universal of love. Pink lipstick, a quieter version of red, suggests undertones of a little spunkiness just below the surface. Pink wearers are generally younger and lovers of all things beautiful. They project to others feeling of tenderness, self-worth and acceptance, yet a little innocence.
“I live by a man’s code, designed to fit a man’s world, yet at the same time I never forget that a woman’s first job is to choose the right shade of lipstick.”
September 10, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Life
Leave a Comment
DREAMING about the simple pleasures in life. Imagining days filled traipsing about in pale, sun-bleached & lace adorned dresses, hair flowing in the glow of the summer sunlight. Fragrant smells of fresh flowers, the tranquility of quiet summer nights, nestling under a twinkling blanket of stars. . . For how lovely life is when we take moments to breathe it in.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
September 9, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under New in Beauty
Leave a Comment
Recently my healthy blonde locks went from blonde to brunette in an unfortunate ombre disaster. Luckily, my stylist was able to fix it right up by putting in foils upon foils of bleach, bringing my hair to a beautiful angelic shade of white blonde.
Sadly, my once healthy hair is now fried and has never felt this unhealthy in my life. I’ve always taken such great care of my hair that people often thought I wore extensions. Now, fearing inevitable breakage as well as current loss of manageability and shine, its time to find the creme of the crop hair conditioners/masks. I did my research and here are the results gathered from several different sources and personal testimonials:
1) Kérastase Nutridéfense Anti-Drying, Nutri-Protective Treatment has been called the “holy grail” of deep conditioners. This truly unique, luxurious deep conditioner replenishes and saturates the hair, and offers anti-drying protection to counter the effects of the sun, environment, chemical processes, and styling damage. The patented DOSAGE GLUCO-ACTIVE 2 technology combines optimal dosages of proteins, lipids and glucose to restore hair’s ideal nutritive balance. This deep conditioner really packs a punch to your dry damaged hair. As a personal side note, I have used Kérastase products exclusively for the past 5 years or so and my hair had never been better. Every mask, every leave in product, shampoo, and oil is a winner. I will probably continue to stick to this brand because it works so well, but it never hurts to mix it up and know what else is out there! Plus, it is $$$!!
2) Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment has been a clinically proven God-send to dry damaged heads of hair. After just one overnight treatment, this rich, velvety balm dramatically helps restore vibrant health and high-gloss shine to even the most damaged hair. Hair is left soft, silky and with increased managability. (Formulated without preservatives, water, artificial color and silicones)
3) Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment is a tall drink of water for your dry or damaged follicles. Argan oil nutrients, vitamin E, and antioxidants come together to infuse your hair’s inner health with moisture and shine. Your hair is left feeling lush and full of body without feeling weighed down. I absolutely love this entire line by Organix.
4) CHI Royal Treatment Intense Moisture deep conditioner. Great for all hair types, this intense conditioner is fortified with white truffle and pearl replenishes dry, over-worked, over processed hair all while preserving color and rebuilding hair’s strength. Your hair is left soft, smelling like a little piece of heaven, and with incredible shine. Works for all hair types.
5) Pureology Hydrate HydraCure Intense Moisture Masque is one of my favorite go-to deep conditioners. Pureology is known for it’s luxurious products that deliver results. Hydracure enriches dehydrated hair with an intense therapy masque. Enhanced with shea, jojoba, mango, and avocado butters your hair will feel instant detangling and shine, deep, long-lasting hydration, and enhanced color brilliance. If color fade is an issue for you, Pureology has the lock on oolor with an exclusive AntiFadeComplex® that maximizes color retention.
Best of luck finding the right fit for you and your hair! I hope this helped and that you find a product that you and your hair both fall in love with. 🙂
September 9, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Life
Leave a Comment
Always remember to be kind, for everyone is fighting their own battles, ones that you know nothing about… Comfort is the language of love. I was deeply hurt this week by another’s actions, and it reminded me of the importance of our words, may we always strive to speak in love. Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.
“We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.”
Next Page »