June 3, 2014
* When you find lingerie that you love and fits well, buy it in multiples!! It’s harder than you might think to find that perfect fit.
* Boy shorts are my favorite thing to sleep in and can be very sexy, but please do not wear them under clothes. You will inevitably get the dreaded underwear line under your clothes and nothing is less sexy!
* Wear what makes you feel sexy. Confidence is the most important part of this whole experience — and is the key ingredient in feeling beautiful and desirable. If you feel supremely confident, you’re doing it right.
* When it comes to matching your bra with your panties, there are no rules. I like to buy multiple pairs that match certain bras so that I’m able to mix and match without much thought or effort. Besides, you are usually the only one who knows what’s on underneath, have fun with your choices.
* Experiment with colors that compliment your skin tone. I have porcelain skin, so anything bright or black tends to compliment my coloring. But again, I encourage you to have fun! Whatever makes you feel pretty, feminine or sexy is what you should buy. When in doubt, buy black. It looks good on everyone and is easy to find.
* This is about having fun. If anyone makes you feel like you’re doing the wrong thing or you aren’t completely gorgeous in your lingerie, there is something wrong with them, not you. And if you’re wearing lingerie because you felt pressured into it, that’s a problem too. Only do what makes you feel comfortable, amazing and special- whether that includes lingerie or not.
May 15, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Faith
Leave a Comment
While life has had its major challenges lately, I am reminded of a favorite quote, which renewed my spirit:
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.“
- Winston Churchill
When your body gets tired and the world has given you a royal beat down, let your heart carry you forward. Decide to rise above it, knowing, that we are defined by our attitude when we have everything and our patience when we have nothing. I refuse to live in the darkness while my true essence is luminous, it is time to let it out. I wish to walk in the light and be loved for all of me, every part. Emily Dickinson wrote, “Forever is composed of nows.” Now is what matters, now is the time and now it will be brighter than ever before. ❤
May 8, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Faith
* The sign of a beautiful person is that they always see beauty in others.
* Never underestimate the power of a woman’s intuition!
* Life is ironic. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to appreciate presence.
* I’m not pale it’s called porcelain, and I’m rocking it.
* There is a special place in my heart for the ones who were with me at my lowest and still loved me when I wasn’t very lovable. This type of unconditional love is rare, when you find it, fight for it.
* I may not be your first love, first kiss, or first date. . . but I want to be your last everything. ❤
May 3, 2014
* It is never too late to be who you want to be
* Taking extra time to put on makeup and do your hair really does make you feel better about yourself… and life in general
* A man who loves you will listen to your needs and do his best to try and meet them
* Handwritten notes/cards are a lost art & very special
* God can turn any situation into a blessing
* A bouquet of my favorite flowers will probably always mean more to me than diamonds… minus that one very special diamond
April 18, 2014
It’s a beautiful spring day, the perfect start to what is sure to be a whirlwind of a weekend. Many cups of strong coffee are anticipated to balance out the very long days of work and play that lie ahead. I am very much looking forward to the weekend’s schedule of bridal photo shoots, makeup appointments, to-do lists and creative marketing projects!
Before it all begins, I find it fitting to start off the weekend with a collection of inspirations — exquisite embellishments of beading and lace, an intermingling of tulle and ballerina buns, chandelier lined runways, & the most breathtaking beach straight out of a dream — enchanting glimpses of beauty in celebration of spring blossoms and all things glamorous . . .
Wishing you a weekend of joy and hoping it’s magical wherever you are!
March 17, 2014
Posted by Katy Davis under Life
What a month. What a weekend. Last weekend we traveled out-of-town to wineries, where we laid in the flower fields and ate salted vanilla caramel, toasting our general awesomeness with bubbling rose champagne. We dreamed. Dreams for the month and for the summer . . . There’s springtime in the air and the dawning of change is everywhere. There was reflection and heartache, laughter and tears. The days have been filled with family and friends, the most beautiful sunsets, lemon drop martinis, fresh blueberry muffins, hot-stone massages, delicious food, long mornings and late lunches…
I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. The outpouring of love I’ve experienced from God as well as the people, places and opportunities that I’ve been so graciously blessed with, have continued to renew my spirit and hope. I am counting every single blessing. I am grateful for two wildly wonderful weekends in a row, for my momma’s visit, new and old friends, first dates and bundles of spring flowers. Last but certainly not least, I want to thank and welcome my new Couture clients! It’s clear that wedding season is officially in full swing. Welcome to the family!!! I can’t wait to work with all of you in the upcoming weeks and months. You are gonna be keeping me very busy!
Hoping that your week is off to a perfect start, and that you take time to count every single blessing and smell the roses, or whatever flower you may happen to be near. . . for me, it’s a beautiful lei, straight from Hawaii, that has my entire room smelling of gardenias and orchids. ❤
February 24, 2014
LA VIE EN ROSE seems to be the slogan this spring, for everyone is smitten with all hues of pink, from bubblegum to orchid. While before, pink was almost too cliché for springtime. It seems this year it is being taken seriously by the fashion world, appearing everywhere from coats to dresses and taking the form of everything from satin to cashmere. Worn as a statement color or simply an understated touch, all hues of pink are being warmly embraced. For what better color conjures up feelings of springtime and romance better than the shade of love itself?
I was very intentional choosing all of the different images, hues and styles pictured below. I want you to appreciate the diversity and uniqueness of this season’s trend. Have fun with it! Spring (in my opinion) is the most magical and beautiful time of the year. The passion of red mixed with the purity of white, results in the romance of pink. . . like the blushing of a lover’s cheeks.
“The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most.”